CTO_Semifinalist_2013  SBIO

 

AkwaMag’sTM (patent pending) magnetic water softening system use no salts or chemicals, does not consume

or waste water in operation or maintenance, and lasts longer than products using other technologies.

 

People

Shower Screen Shot 2014-07-03 at 3.38.59 PM

 

Softened Water
 > Results in cleaner glasses and dishware.
 > Provides softer laundry and longer lasting linens.
 > Improves end-user comfort per above and with water that many feel is better to the touch.
Without Salt or Chemicals 
 > Softens without removing beneficial materials from the water.
 > No negative and potentially dangerous health effects of introducing excess salt into drinking water.
 > Eliminates the inconvenience of purchasing, carrying and replacing heavy bags of salt.
Optionally Filtered
 > Eliminates the undesirable odor and taste of unfiltered water.
 > Improves water, coffee and tea service for hotels, restaurants, cafeterias, health facilities and hospitals.
Reduces Total Cost of Ownership
 > Priced similarly to salt softeners yet significantly cheaper than less eco-friendly or efficient softeners.
 > Saves on salt purchases up to $200 per year for a typical salt softener.
 > Saves water costs by reducing between 10,000 and 25,000 gallons of water per year from direct water discharge and reduced water usage for tasks like washing hands, hair and dishes resulting from “slippery” feeling.
 >
Surpasses other systems which are expensive or ineffective including reverse osmosis, activated carbon, nanocrystal-seeding, and strapped-on magnets.
 > Expected life is double that of traditional or higher cost, higher maintenance softeners.
 > Reduces wear on water-using appliances, irrigation and pool equipment, water heater and fixtures.
 > Saves energy costs, and efforts to monitor, maintain, repair and replace these items.

 

Property

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 5.38.47 PM            Screen-Shot-2014-07-03-at-3.39.40-PM

 

Softened Water
 > Results in cleaner glasses and dishware.
 > Provides softer laundry and longer lasting linens.
Reduces Total Cost of Ownership
 > Priced similarly to salt softeners yet significantly cheaper than less eco-friendly or efficient softeners.
 > Expected life is double that of traditional or higher cost, higher maintenance softeners.
 > Reduces wear on water-using appliances, irrigation and pool equipment, water heater and fixtures.
 > Saves energy costs, monitoring and maintenance, repair and replacement costs on these items.
 > Minimizes capital equipment expenditures on commercial and industrial water-using equipment such as boilers, heaters, pumps, commercial kitchen equipment, and commercial irrigation systems.

 

 Planet

Screen-Shot-2014-07-03-at-3.39.20-PM Screen Shot 2016-03-12 at 11.07.23 PM

 

Without Salt or Chemicals
 > Softens without removing beneficial materials from the water.
 > No negative and potentially dangerous health effects of introducing excess salt into drinking water.
 > Does not upset the natural balance of the environment  or water table with excess salt.
 > Eliminates the inconvenience of purchasing, carrying and replacing heavy bags of salt.
 > Saves about 800 pounds per year of salt resources compared to typical salt softeners.
Effective, Efficient and Low Maintenance
 > Offers unlimited capacity and no maintenance on the softener and limited effort to replace filters.
 > Propels previously inconsistent magnetic softening technology from potential to reality.
 > Saves 10,000 and 25,000 gallons per year, or 2 months supply, consumed by typical salt softeners.
 > Saves additional water as it does not require rinsing.
 > Expected life is double that of traditional or higher cost, higher maintenance softeners.
 > Reduces wear on water-using appliances, irrigation and pool equipment, water heater and fixtures.
 > Saves energy costs, monitoring and maintenance, repair and replacement costs on these items.
 > Minimizes capital equipment expenditures on commercial and industrial water-using equipment such as boilers, heaters, pumps, commercial kitchen equipment, and commercial irrigation systems.
And Reduces Environmental Impact
 > Does not require harsh chemicals and water to clean hard water stains.
 > Does not contribute salt or chemicals into the environment.
 > Reduces energy consumption by keeping water-using equipment more efficient and longer lasting.
 > Saves water by eliminating rinsing, cleaning and consumption during use.
 > Potential energy, cost and environmental benefits in applications ranging from manufacturing, heat dissipation, oil production, oil and gas-fracking, and even space exploration.